Tuesday, May 24, 2011

Kiasu-ism

With reference to the above topic, how do you guys view "kiasu-ism"?

To me, kiasu-ism can be something positive that should be inculcated in us as it helps an individual to progress in life without slacking. The fear of losing out to others in terms of education, work, performance, etc will eventually develop an individual into a mere perfectionist.

I've been a kiasu kid ever since my secondary school lifestyle, but eventually faded when i entered into my tertiary studies. I still remembered the times in secondary school, how deceiving i was in convincing others that i studied lesser than them for an exam, but in the ending, scoring relatively higher marks. And upon seeing their disappointed face, a smirk and evil-satisfaction smile is smirked. Somehow, "kiasu-ism" helped me to score strings of A's in my exams, and nonetheless, "kiasu-sm" is something that should be viewed positively.

P.S- Kiasu in building my physique too

No comments:

Post a Comment